Salesforce Business Analyst
Newbury, United Kingdom
Department: Group Commercial & Operations
Reports to: Ignite BA Team Lead
Location: UK Newbury Or UK Paddington
Group Enterprise Sales Operations is a pivotal business function, which sits within Group Business Commercial Operations. Its mission is to maximise sales impact through intelligence and zero touch operations. Sales Operations does this successfully by organising its teams under functional pillars. We start by understanding our sales strategy and how Vodafone need to differentiate to compete and win. We then implement the tools and platforms which align to delivering the strategy, allowing us to capture the right data, which is tracked and digitally published to enable the insights. Tracking this allows us to know what to pay our teams through our world class commissions scheme. All of this is delivered via regional sales operations business partnering through our ‘frontline’ teams.
Working within the dedicated Business Analyst team, you will lead the analysis effort on significant market leading projects, through owning and facilitating the requirements process and providing analytical insight to drive solutions.
- Manage Stakeholder relationships with Enterprise Markets (Business Owners and relevant SME’s) and Group Enterprise for small platform changes
- Collaborate with external SME’s. I.e. external agencies on new functionality area’s within SFA tooling (ie. Analytics, BI, Commissioning, Collaboration, Digital Signing, Application development)
- Detail incoming ideas, requests into Business requirements, provide input on process, data model, integration, etc.
- Manage projects throughout the delivery cycle. I.e. supporting the preparation and running of events such as Show and Tell, Testing, `UAT, Migration, Readiness and Training as necessary.
- Specifically complete the business requirement specifications and ensure they are signed-off by the business SMEs. Continually ensure the system requirements and design remain aligned with the business requirements.
- Ability to capture, document & manage business needs (Inc. scoping ideas, aligning to business strategy and business goals, eliciting business requirements and ensuring traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Accurately assess business architecture impact. (Inc. impact of change on existing process, organisation and tech.)
- Capturing & documenting new & updated procedures, business intelligence, data and information modelling
- Stakeholder engagement – business & technical to deliver projects to customers
- Create simple local requests process, standardising functionality, considering user experience and future adoption
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
Working knowledge of Salesforce Automation tooling, specifically Salesforce.com
- Negotiating skills and cultural sensitivity to reach compromises across a global footprint of Enterprise teams
- Influencing skills at all organisational levels, with multiple stakeholders across organisational boundaries
- Project Management experience, works collaboratively and nurtures strong team ethic
- Demonstrable experience using best practice methodologies in both Waterfall and Agile delivery projects
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
Sales Force experience - this is essential.
- Project Management methodology (desirable)
- Experience as a business analyst working in either a consultancy or internal position