Country: United Kingdom
Creation Date: 21-Apr-2021
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Digital Transformation
Ref #: 4280
Description & Requirements
Who we are?
Liberty Specialty Markets is part of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, a leading global insurer. We offer a breadth of world-class insurance and reinsurance services to brokers and insureds in all major markets. Established in 2013, bringing together Liberty’s company, syndicate and reinsurance operations into one combined operation of over 1,900 people, over 50 specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products and four underwriting platforms.
About the Team:
The Digital Transformation Team reports into the Chief Digital Transformation Officer, responsible for the delivery of key services to the LSM Business ranging from technical to business process. The team provides the architecture and the delivery skills and resources required to support business outcomes.
- Collaborates with the Chief Product Owner (CPO) to build product vision and alignment with strategic priorities with stakeholders.
- Owns and maintains the product backlog and is accountable for its contents and prioritization. Accountable for clear, actionable user stories.
- Works daily with the agile working group, clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and supporting alignment around product strategy.
- Collaborates with IT and business leadership to align development and business goals and priorities while working with stakeholders and squad/team to remove roadblocks to execution. Resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Monitors and maintains the product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency, and balancing long and short term and costs with desired outcomes.
- Understands regulatory, compliance, and other industry constraints on the product and prioritizes accordingly. Negotiates with internal and external teams to ensure priorities are aligned across squads/teams both within and outside the portfolio.
- Collaboratively builds the product roadmap, contributes to strategy inputs from partners. Chips in to program level planning.
- Communicates expected value and any changes in value to be delivered in each iteration (sprint, monthly, quarterly, etc.) based on the team-determined capacity.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the Salesforce user interface
- Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Demonstrable experience of delivering sophisticated initiatives
- Agile practitioner capabilities and experience working with or in Agile teams
- Ability to influence the direction and thinking of senior stakeholders
- Strong team-work, co-ordination, organization and planning skills
- Ability to gather complex requirements in a prioritised backlog
- Ability to understand strategic needs whilst focusing on the customer
What we can offer you:
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. We are a proud sponsor of MumsNet and encourage a flexible work life balance.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.